BNA careers and talent recruitment fair (22nd Feb 2024)
In partnership with the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre in London, the event will bring the BNA’s unique pool of talent to potential employers and organisations, helping talent acquirer’s identify and connect with up to 80 talented, logical thinkers who are trained in neuroscience and ready to pursue pathways in neuroscience research and beyond.
We know that our early career and student members are keen to know more about careers, and to have opportunities to network with people in academia, industry and beyond, the ‘BNA Neuroscience Careers and Talent Recruitment Fair’ is thus designed to meet our members’ needs and to provide a unique pool of talent for potential employers.
Delegates will have the opportunity to book meetings with representatives of up to 10 organisations from across the breadth of the sector, looking to meet their recruitment needs. The representatives will receive the delegates CV ahead of time.
The event will take place on 22nd February 2024.
Outline of the day
There will be two repeat sessions during the day, with capacity for 40 delegates to attend each session and a maximum of 80 delegates across the day.
Delegates who need to travel in to London on the day will have priority for the afternoon session, over those who are based in London. Delegates should be available for both sessions.
Each session will include:
- Pre-booked 1-on-1 meetings
- Break and refreshments
- Open networking and the chance to meet all the companies attending
Information for delegates
In order to attend, individuals will need to meet eligibility criteria:
- Must be a current undergraduate, postgraduate, career starter or early career researcher member of the BNA. You can join the BNA here.
- Must be seeking employment in the next ~12 months
- Must have key skills including Excel, Word, and teamwork
- This is a members-only event. You can join the BNA here.
- Registration is free, please use the link at the bottom of this page to register
- You must be able to attend either session (10am – 1pm, and 2pm – 5pm).
- You will be allocated to a session after your meeting registration is approved. Priority for the afternoon session will be given to those travelling in to London from elswhere.
- Delegates must upload a CV, short biography and image, during the registration process.
- CVs and contacts details will be stored securely and shared only with attending companies/organisations*.
- A condition of attending is sharing your contact details with the attending companies/organisations.
- You can register here.
*CVs will be shared with confirmed recruiters ahead of, and after the event, for a period of 6 months. After Photos and biographies will be displayed on a webpage on the BNA website. Delegates will be asked to complete a short disclaimer form to this effect.
Information for recruiters
- There is capacity for a maximum of 10 organisations represented from across the sector.
- The BNA will share candidate CVs ahead of the meeting, and provide a list of attendees and contact information after the event.
- The BNA has over 1,500 undergraduate, postgraduate and early career researchers in its membership, all of whom have a rigorous grounding in scientific enquiry and logical thinking.
- Those who are more advanced (post-graduate and above) are self-directed learners, with skills across a range of specialist techniques, and experienced in time and project management.
- Attending companies/organisations must meet expectations such as a committment to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Attending companies/organisations must commit to having two people attend the whole event, with one person available for drop-in conversations and the other for pre-booked 1-on1 meetings.
Contact Sophie Jerrold (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information and to book your place.
This event will take place at the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre, 25 Howland Street, London, W1T 4JG. The closest tube stations are Warren Street (Victoria Line) and Goodge Street (Northern Line).
See a map and further information of the venue.
At SWC, we are committed to creating future leaders in neuroscience. It is vital that we improve training and transitions between academia and industry to help us build a better research culture and achieve our scientific goals. That’s why we are delighted to be partnering with BNA on this careers and talent recruitment fair, the latest event in our Building Bridges Between: Industry & Academia (BBB) initiative.April Cashin-Garbutt, Head of Research Communications and Engagement at the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre
Tea and coffee will be provided during the breaks for the morning and afternoon sessions.
Safer Spaces Policy for BNA events
All participants at BNA events, including online events, are required to read and follow the BNA’s Safer Spaces Policy (click to read in full).
Filming and photography
Filming and photography will take place during the event. Please email email@example.com if you have any concerns.
This meeting is FREE to attend, but limited to BNA members only. To join the BNA, please click here: Membership of the British Neuroscience Association | The British Neuroscience Association (bna.org.uk)
Posted on 22/06/2023