Restricted call: MRC Biomedical data science leadership awards (internal deadline 8th November 2023)
The MRC has released a pre-announcement for the outline stage of their Biomedical data science leadership awards, which will open for applications on 1st November 2023.
This call is for activity to develop innovation and evidence to improve how biomedical research includes, resources and recognises high-quality data science. Applications to this opportunity must include and support those leading positive change for biomedical data science within their research organisations and beyond. The full economic cost (FEC) can be up to £500,000 and MRC will fund 80% of the FEC.
The funding responds to MRC’s Biomedical Data Science Review. The review highlights the need for shared responses that link across four challenges for biomedical data science:
· developing biomedical data science leadership
· better recognition and support for multidisciplinary biomedical data science teams
· improving quality, standards and professionalisation of data science within biomedical research
· inclusive approaches to growing biomedical data science skills capacity, including improving the access and career offer
In this context, data science is defined as the use of scientific methods, and related processes and systems, to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data.
University Internal selection:
Organisations may submit only one application as the lead. Therefore, this call will be managed according to the University’s restricted calls procedure.
To take part in the internal selection, please complete our online form by 8th November 2023 (NB: if asked to log-in, please use your CRSID/Raven details; note that a Form cannot be saved and returned to).
Please note that the short turnaround time for applying to the internal selection stage is due to the compressed funder timetable.
You will need the following to complete the online form:
· A list of any co-leads and other collaborators, including their organisation and department.
· A document outlining the vision and approach to the project, including project management aspects (max. 500 words).
· A brief letter of support from the HoD of the host Department, confirming that the Department is willing to host the project.
Your internal application will be assessed against the following criteria, which are a subset of the funder’s criteria for the outline stage:
1. Vision of the project
2. Approach to the project
3. Management of the project and team capability
Funder deadline (outline stage): 12th December 2023
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Posted on 20/10/2023